Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Casey Jones.

It's okay if you berate the fact that I'm an Instagram whore.  I can live with it.  As you can tell, I'm no photographer - nor do I have a fancy-schmancy camera.  I only just realized that my iPhone 4S has a flash AND a zoom on it...  so, apparently after owning the thing for about 7 months, I'm just learning it's potential.  I figured the dog was just being uncooperative while I was trying to capture her pic for the most part.  Well, I was wrong!!  Go me.  Now I owe the dog an apology.  ;0))

This post is not about my shitty picture taking.  Oh, noes.  Not at all.  It is about our most local food store...  Casey Jones Supermarket.  Except, we call it The Casey Jones (and never with "supermarket" added at the end).  And you never just run to the market, you are indeed telling your loved one(s) or family member(s) or friend(s) "I'm going to The Casey Jones...  need anything?"  My friend K., who grew up in New Orleans (mostly on the Westbank), told me that you could hit up the ol' CJ wearing just about anything - and no one will notice.  She's absolutely, positively correct. 


As a matter-of-fact, this particular style of slip-on bedroom shoe (^^) seems to be THE choice of footwear after 5:00 PM (pink seems to be preferred, but I've seen them in many a different color).  I'm not going to go out on a limb and say that The Casey Jones is clothing optional, but I have seen men in overalls with no tee-shirt underneath with the sides gaping open (and having the utter and total fear of accidentally looking BELOW chest-level).  I've also been privy to view some people wearing their pants way below their boxers (or in one case, lower than their tighty-not-so-whiteys - brain bleach - or at least LAUNDRY bleach, please).  

However, in all fairness - the staff is wickedly friendly, nice and very knowledgeable, they do have a great variety of their own spices, feature items exclusive to Louisiana (Cajun and Creole brands), and almost every employee can tell you where to find what you're looking for.  To me??  That's priceless.

 ^^ Vantage point from my parking spot...

 ^^  Getting closer...  I do love this place.  :0))

^^  Nothing screams NOLA louder than a deer-head in front of an American Flag!!

Another weird New Orleans thing...  you are never just going to get groceries...  you are "making groceries".  As in "I don't have time tomorrow, I've got to make groceries before the holidays."

All hail The Casey Jones!!!

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.