Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry-Happy!!

Or is it "Happy-Merry"??  Either way, I hope that all my loved ones and friends have a lovely holiday evening and a fantastic December 25th (regardless of what you may or may not believe).  Our kind neighbours, S. and L. (the same most excellent people who took us to the New Orleans Saints game), invited us over for wine, drinks, and dinner tonight.  The husby opted out (he's really not one for socializing - and he had a new computer game) but I had a wonderful dinner and fun time.  

Of course, I'm really fucking weird like that - I enjoy meeting new people and eating delicious food (did I mention that S. worked as a sommelier for some of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants in the French Quarter?  And he has learned some cooking techniques from some world-renowned chefs??)...  so this was an opportunity I decided to not pass up.  Champagne with some highly-herbed goat's milk cheese, an awesome prosciutto, and a soft cow's milk cheese with a bit of a bite to it - looked like Brie, but on steroids (in a good way).  It was delectable.  For dinner, we had standing rib roast, garlic-y delicious mashed, and brussel sprouts sauteed in bacon and finished with freshly ground pepper and salt.  

Oh... and the fireworks have started (apparently, this will go on until New Year's Eve).  Unfortunately, our fickle Bow-Wow thinks it's thunder and she (all 95 pounds or so) is crammed under my desk, making funny "ro-ro-ro" noises and small growls every now and again.  ;0))

I thought I'd add some pictures of Christmas (or Holidays) here on the Point:

 ^^ Looking down my street to the lights on Canal Street and the French Quarter

 ^^ Decorated Double across the street from me...

^^ My neighbour's house - where the dinner party and drinks were... 

^^ The gorgeous standing rib roast that S. cooked.  Perfection!!

Be safe.  Be happy.  Be nice.  

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.