Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Musical Wednesdays. Our First Time is Coming Up!!

Details, details, DETAILS!!!

Husby and I usually pick up our local independent paper - The Gambit - and besides the off-beat articles, they have a listing of all the different things to do (usually in each individual neighborhoods).  So, we were amazingly happy to see that Algiers Point will be holding a free concert every Wednesday night until July 17th.  They do request that patrons do NOT bring their own coolers/drinks - as they sell water, soft drinks, beer, and mixed drinks - and those proceeds go to keep the concerts free.  Since I'm planning on having a Hurricane, I'll just treat myself to one once I get down to the concert/mini-festival... I'm sure there will be some food vendors, too...

Which means... we'll be able to walk to the levee with our folding bag chairs, meet some friends, and hang out for an evening.  :0))

Drum roll, please...

Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
@ Algiers Ferry Dock
200 Morgan Street
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Free Admission

Presenting:

Bag of Donuts 

^^  Bag of Donuts (stage make-up free!!)
**Photo courtesy of the Bag of Donuts Facebook Page**


********************

Algiers Brass Band

^^  Second Line 
**Photo courtesy of the Algiers Brass Band**



^^  Artist portrayal of the Algiers Brass Band
**Credit for photo will be given as soon as I find out who the artist is.  Otherwise, this image is supplied by Google**


********************


I'm going to Instagram it up - and I think that husby might be taking his Canon (which takes way better shots than my iPhone 4S - but my phone isn't too shabby!!) and I'll be sure to get some good pics of the shows AND the crowds.  New Orleans people love to dance and shake their money-maker (after they've had a libation or two) and don't mind posing for pictures.

I'm seriously looking forward to a mid-week night out!!  :0))

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.