Monday, July 8, 2013

The Month of June: Lost. The Recap.

My apologies for being absent since the beginning of June.  I have no excuse, really, but I have been VERY busy (and sadly it wasn't for travel).  Right after my last entry, I started taking a labor-intensive 90-hour course which has to be completed within 30 days.  Most of the material is very dense (with quite a bit of legal-ize thrown in for good measure), so it's taken me quite a while to digest and memorize the pertinent information.  And just for the record, I'm not very keen on taking online classes - so I've had to literally force myself to NOT procrastinate.

So... just a recap for the month of June (and believe me, some of what I've been dealing with has been dooze-O-licious):

  • Choggie had to go to the vet because she was scratching excessively.  Come to find out, she had fleas.  Choggles has been a part of our family for WELL over 10 years and has consistently been on Frontline (TM).  When we established her with a vet here, he switched her to Advantix (TM) and it doesn't work for her.  So, we had to get her scrubbed and dipped, flea-bombed the house, sprayed and disinfected her many puffy dog beds, treated the carpets and furniture, and sprayed the back and front yard areas. And to add insult to injuries...  the Chog had her anal glands depressed while she was at the doggy hospital.  I think she's still traumatized.  :0((  Hell, I know I'm still in a mood because my house smells like a chemical dump.  Blah.

^^  Our beloved hünd..

  • Next, the air conditioner went tits-up in my Honda del Sol.  Considering the car is over 20 years old AND still cranks, handles well, and runs like a charm (I took this car to Germany on the Autobahn - THRILLZ!!), the husby and I decided to pay to have a new AC installed over at Royal Honda (across the bridge in Metairie).  They even rented me a CAR (on their dime).  Seriously.  The customer service is top-notch.  I would recommend them to ANYONE.   If you're new to the Greater New Orleans area, don't hesitate to call them.  Superior Honda, didn't really want to fix my car, and only pushed me to purchase a "newer model car"...  well, fuck them.  I adore my del Sol with all the love in my wicked little heart.  Besides, she's a manual and I can go topless in it.  There's very few cars available with those two characteristics.  Pfffft.
^^  5600 Veterans Boulevard, Metairie, LA 70003

  • And if the air conditioner in the car going out just wasn't bad enough, the air conditioner in our house totally shit the bed.  Died.  Kaput.  Gonzo.  OUT.  Living in New Orleans, NOT having air conditioning is really miserable.  The temperatures were hovering around the mid-90's with the humidity being close to 100%.  Since we live in an urban area, opening the windows isn't really an option, so NO CROSS BREEZE.  So, I bailed out.  Went over to the neighbor's house, drank cocktails, and then passed out in their blissfully COOL air-conditioned guest room.  Husby opted to spend the night here with the Choggles - but my Yankee ass was not about to sweat to death in a miserably hot (and not in a good way) house.  Hell, a cold shower was even out - because the pipes are not far below ground and COLD water is impossible to come by.  Lukewarm was about as chilled as it could get.  At least the we had an HVAC technician out early on Sunday morning and he managed to get our system limping along until the new parts come in (sometime in the next 7 - 10 days).  

  • Slowly, but surely, I'm turning into a sloth again.  Previous to my car being in the shop (which it was there for well over two weeks), I had been going to the gym every weekday morning AND going to the pool to swim afterwards.  Well, I haven't been doing anything EXCEPT eating and lazing around the house.  It didn't help that my rental car didn't come in until the last four days of my Honda being in the shop - and "registering" a rental car on base (where the gym and pool are) is a pain in the ass.  And I'm having a whole lot of problems with getting my motivation back.  So, I'm going to do my best to get back on track.  To put it in the words of that moron Fergie (of the Black Eyed Peas):
"I be workin' on my fitness!!"

This has been the summary of my shitty month of June.  I'm really hoping that July improves DRASTICALLY - I don't think I can deal with any more of the cray-cray bullshit that has been plaguing me.  I hope everyone's month has gone better than my thirty days of hell.

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.