Thursday, July 18, 2013

Drug-fully Loaded.

I had thought that I had recovered from my hedonistic San Fermin weekend unscathed.

Apparently not.

Ended up with some bruised and cracked ribs (along with various cuts, scrapes, and blisters).  Went to my doctor's office yesterday (love you, Dr M!!) and he took a shit-ton of x-rays.  Yep, I'm *officially* broken.  So, I now have a bag o' drugs (painkillers and muscle relaxers), some Lidocaine patches (HUGE), and directions to lay low for a while (about a full week).  Not that I could really do much, anyway.  The druggy-drugs make me loopy and I don't want to move.

Not that I can move... well, at least not easily.  I don't hurt BETWEEN heartbeats (hahaha)!!


^^  One of my nefarious bruises.


So, I met up with a friend for lunch and had the most delicious bacon mac-and-cheese bites (in a cheddar beer sauce) ever.  We also had a sweet and spicy chicken flatbread, Korean shredded pork tacos (with lots of cilantro and lime), grilled na'an with chicken skewers, and a salted caramel cake for dessert.  I'm pretty sure that the fall didn't affect my taste buds at all...  and we just did tasting menu/small plates/tapas thing - so it wasn't full-on gluttony.  Oh, and I drank a LOT of non-alcoholic beverages.  My mouth feels as dry as talcum powder and I don't feel like I can drink enough water to ever even make it moist.  Winning!!!


^^  Bacon mac-and-cheese bites.  These were totally delicious.  
(And no - I wasn't that drugged up - the pic just doesn't do them justice)...


I'm planning on chilling out for the rest of the afternoon.  Hopefully, I can find some cheezy TV drama...  I'm thinking it's a Judge Judy kind of day.  ;0))

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.