Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cock-A-Doodle-Don't!!

We have WILD ROOSTERS in Algiers Point.  Apparently, they usually hang out in the grassy median a couple streets down from us, but one has found his way into my neighbor's yard and it will not.  quit. crowing.  Seriously.  We live in the city.  How do roosters just go wild??  Did someone import a bunch and just let them go??  I'm pretty sure that New Orleans has some sort of "no-livestock-allowed-in-your-backyard-ordinance" (although Louisiana is a weird state based on Napoleonic law, unlike the rest of the United States) - but that bird has got to go.

I think my neighbor wants to blow it away with a double-barrel shotgun.

Coq Au Vin, anyone???

^^  The Cock 

(Please note the paper plate full of food.  Apparently, our other neighbor is feeding the fucking thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.