Friday, January 25, 2013

Shoes and a Blimp.

Let's discuss proper footwear for the French Quarter, shall we??  On my romp through the French Market (bought some freshly-made Pico de Gallo, vine-ripened tomatoes, and green bell peppers) I couldn't help but notice what type of shoes people (especially women) were wearing.

Cringed at the chick hanging on to her old man for dear life while she wobbled in her 6-inch-spike-hooker-heels, winced at how a woman was walking on platforms - on cobblestones, and witnessed another poor fashion victim wearing fancy sandals who was watching every step she took to avoid falling.  New Orleans has BAD sidewalks and even worse streets.  The city is below sea level and so the plumbing and everything else is odd.  And it's like most typical American cities - always under construction.

The ONLY way I would wear some fancy-schmancy shoes out would be if I were getting into a limo or a cab from the hotel/motel/inn that picked me up where I was staying (and then going to a restaurant/pub/gastro-pub) and picking me BACK up and deposited me at my hotel/motel/inn.  No walking involved.  Absolutely NOT.  Even in $32.99 pumps from Payless - not happening.  I have seen ruined Jimmy Choos shoes in trash bins - and that is a sad, sad thing.

So, this is what I wear:

^^  $20-buck-Chuck One Stars

These cheap-ass Chuck-Taylor One Stars from Target.  Once they are broken in, they are surprisingly comfortable.  The rubber soles, tips, and additional rubber AROUND the shoe protect your feet from some of the street nastiness.  And, because they are canvas - they can be washed!!  I prefer the slip on style so I don't have to worry about laces getting all nasty and dragging around in the dirty streets.  

Oh, and that is the Choggie's rear-end and tail.  She wouldn't budge.  Probably not even for chicken.  Apologies for not cropping out the dog's ass in the picture.

And, then, sitting on my back porch after all my shoe contemplation...  I see...

^^  A Blimp!!

I think it's a DirectTV blimp because they've got some stuff going on with the Super Bowl coverage and all.  And even though it's a down-and-dirty iPhone photo, I still thought it was pretty neat.  From what I understand, there should be planes doing sky-writing over this weekend, so I hope to catch some shots of that (and maybe a parade or two).

But just remember, people...  pick your shoes WISELY.

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.