Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mardi Gras Parade!! And Random Commentary!!! (Part II)

To continue on with the Krewe of Nomtoc Parade (and because my first blog is so picture and link heavy), I'm adding additional pictures and comments on a brandy-new post.  :0))

So...  here are the additional pictures:

^^  Last year's Royal Nomtoc Couple....


^^  On their funky-old-style NOLA float.


^^  I thought this was a sea monster - apparently it's not. 
It's a Griffin.
They were giving out stuffed toys.  Husby snagged two and gave them to the little kids next to us.
We are SUCH child-haters!!!  ;0))


^^  This iPhone 4S picture does NOT do this float justice!!  It was gorgeous.  
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was one of my favorites...


^^  Old Fire Truck presented by the Harvey Fire Department.  


^^  One of THE brightest floats...  they were handing out stuffed animals...
To include cats and big, fuzzy snakes.  The happiness is evident in all the spring colors.  :0))


^^  Up close and personal!!!


^^  American Eagle float - ahh-maze-ingly done.  It was a beautiful piece of work.


^^  From up close...



^^  Beautiful Horse Brigade...



^^  She was the leading horse...  I've never one dressed in Hawt Pink.  
And I don't understand why they didn't use blinders.  So many people tried to touch them.


Enough for my parade experiences today...  tomorrow is the crawfish boil and I can't fucking wait!!!  This has been a great experience, and I hope that many of my friends can join me next year for this!!!

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.