Monday, February 11, 2013

Crawdaddy Craze!!

Apologies for the late post on THE crawfish boil - but it was late when I got in last night (Sunday) and I figured it would take me for-fucking-ever to get all my pictures up... and I seriously couldn't trust my spelling and grammar last night (a big-thank-you goes to (drum roll, please) a honkin' big box o' Franzia's finest "Sunset Blush" - a mere $10.99 at the Casey Jones - SCORE!!).  I also picked up some hamburger buns and a fresh loaf of Big Bunny wheat for the husby while I was there.  Oh, and a 7-pound bag of ice for S. and L., whose built-in ice-maker was very overworked with all the guests there.

So...  we'll start out with the bag of live crawfish...


^^  Oh, yes indeedy.  There are about 50 pounds of LIVE mudbugs just waiting to be decimated...


^^  And the pot cranked up to 180,000 BTUs - sounded like a Bambi forest fire!!!


^^  And our neighbor's friend - overlooking the pot/cooking...  dressed for Mardi Gras with a purple fuzzy fedora, green shirt, and gold pants.  He had only regular shoes on...  I think something with a lot super-shiny gold on his feet would've been spectacular.  :0))


^^  And the dump on to the newspapers!!  Crawfish, corn, sausage, quartered onions, tons of spices and mushrooms (which were some of my favorite things from the pot!!)
**Disclaimer:  I do not know who is drinking the Mountain Dew - but it's a sacrilege.  


^^  Digging in!!  


^^  So very delish.


So, now all you uppity-folks have seen for yourself just how a crawfish boil is done here in New Orleans (specifically - in the Point).  It was FANTASTIC.  I only wish that some of you could've been here to taste it...  made my lips tingle - spiced perfectly!!  

x0x0

Also, don't get too excited at how many posts I'm cranking out - there's just been a lot going on and I've wanted to be able to share it all with you.  Besides, Suri might blow up if I don't take some of these roasty-toasty pictures off her!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.