Sunday, April 7, 2013

Boutiques + Comics = Happiness.

The husband introduced me this weekend to "Fleurty Girl" stores here in New Orleans.

**SWOON**

In serious love.  Really.  Funky, original clothing, jewelry, home accessories, and other oddities which caught my eye.  Most (if not all) of the items are made here by local artists.  Original designs, neighborhood tees, handmade soap, candles, and other items (there's a NOLA Water/Sewer manhole cover rug that I'm going to be scoring soon!!)...  Walked out of the store with this gem:


^^ Your eyes do NOT deceive you!!  It is the GO-CUP hanging in front of the Superdome and CBD!!


This tee shirt is what I want to buy next (and trust me, I already have started my Wish List):


^^  This would be one of the best roller derby tee shirts.  Ever.


You can order from their online catalogue and support local business here in New Orleans.  If you get a chance to come to our fair city, there are a couple of different locations.  

French Quarter Fleurty Girl
632 St. Peter Street
NOLA  70116

Magazine Street Fleurty Girl
3117 Magazine Street
NOLA  70115

Metairie Fleurty Girl
3313 Severn @ 17th Street Avenue
Metarie  70002

Mandeville Fleurty Girl
2885 Hwy 190 
Suite C
Mandeville  70471

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before we visited Fleurty Girl, we went to a hole-in-the-wall comic book store that husby found.  Ever since we've unearthed his childhood comic collection (all six huge long boxes worth), he's been going through and trying to fill up any *holes* AND the husby has started buying again!!  :0))  Plus, we're both huge fans of Kevin Smith and his show on AMC - "Comic Book Men" (which is utterly hilarious - for the Geeks, at least).  Anyhow, we spent a good amount of time browsing over at "BSI Comics" (their motto is:  "We've Got ISSUES!!" which is very catchy IMO) and I fell in love with Popeye the Sailor Man (again - his cartoon was one of my favorites) and husby scored with a Fantastic 4 (volume something-or-other).  

I've already started collecting Stephen King's Dark Tower series graphic novels - but I got schooled when I found out that they've also released a series based on "The Stand".  They MUST join the collection.  Oh, my precioussssssssssssssssss...  (yet another Geek referral).  


^^  My selection.



^^  Part of my book collection.  The entire wall is filled - and I got rid of EIGHT cases before we moved here (please disregard the sloppiness - but I have a *system* or sorts in place).


French Quarter Festival is coming up!!  April 11th through the 14th - it's the biggest FREE music festival in the South.  If you're a music lover, you might want to try and visit during this time next year. Between the music, the food, and the people - this is my little slice of heaven.

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.