Wednesday, April 17, 2013

French Quarter Fest - Day Four: Rained Out.

As much as I wanted to finish the fourth day of the festival, it was piss-pouring rain when I woke up at 9:30 AM.  So, being a typical lazy bitch, I flipped over and went back to sleep.  The bedroom was dark, thunder was booming, and the occasional flash of lightening was visible, and a little too close for comfort.  So, I missed out on my bread pudding drizzled with white chocolate and bananas.  Which is really, really, really okay.  I didn't need the extra-evil calories.

I did discover a new restaurant, one that we are keen to try sometime soon (and they also give an additional 10% discount to locals)...  that would be the Royal House Restaurant.  May I suggest their char-grilled oysters???  Oh.  My.  Gawd.  It was a total taste orgasm.  No lie.  The menu is short and sweet... but there's enough of a variation to appeal to almost anyone - oyster lovers or not.

In all honesty, they may be able to give Acme Oyster House a run for their money. Good google-y moo!!  (In all honesty, I attempted to add a link, but nothing seems to be working this evening)...   So, you may want to run a search engine and see the menu.  :0))

When we lived in Europe, I was able to create the char-broiled oysters quite easily...  if you really want my copycat recipe, comment on it with your email info and I will be more than happy to pass it on.  :0))

In other news, Choggie has been fighting diarrhea...  and she is now barricaded in the kitchen.  I feel like an awful doggie-mommy.

Such is the story of my life.

x0x0

1 comment:

  1. How about my assistant director went down for the festival last weekend and the cow didn't even bring me a friggin magnet back??? EVERYBODY knows they have to bring Nicole back a truly awesome magnet to add to the fabulous collection. Thus an entry into the fridge spotlight contest. Old cow....

    ReplyDelete

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.