Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fab Fashionista (for Derby).

So.  Today (after I met up with L. at the gym, popped in to the commissary, put groceries away, and bathed my sweaty ass), I realized that my loyalty card to Fleurty Girl would be filled up today IF I bought two new tee shirts (you receive double-stamps on your loyalty card every Tuesday).  Which means, I could get a *free* shirt!!  Ooh, la la!!  Since I had to run out to the post office, I figured I'd just pop across the river and do a little shopping.  Imagine my surprise when I found TWO of the tees I wanted were marked down to $10 each... so, I ended up getting four shirts for the cost of less than two (full retail).  Score!!  I feel like ol' Charlie Sheen today...  WINNING!!

One of the reasons why I wanted to pick some new tees out is because on Saturday, I'm heading up to Shreveport.  I'll be score keeping for my favorite flat-track roller derby team...  the Twin City Knockers (also known as TCK).  I simply needed something funky to wear for that event.  Now my biggest problem is choosing EXACTLY which tee to wear for the bout (as I can't wear anything with the TCK logo on it)...  I might have to draw straws.

Here are my finds:


 ^^  In New Orleans, the medians are known as the "Neutral Ground".  
Apparently, this is a hold-over from when the French and Spanish had colonized southern Louisiana.  The area between the settlements was known as "The Neutral Ground".  


 ^^  City of New Orleans - Ordinance No. 3267 (March 10, 1857).  NOLA was a trashy whore back then, and she's a trashy whore now.  However, the houses of "ill repute" are now lovely bed & breakfasts gracing the Garden District and Uptown.  The only indication that they were brothels are the red gaslights lighting the doorways at night.


 ^^  The Sazerac is one of the most famous drinks in New Orleans.  You can still order one at many restaurants - however, the absinthe which is used in the drink has changed.  Spirits distilled with wormwood (which is what gives absinthe it's hallucinogenic properties) is illegal in the United States.


 ^^  Well, Boston wasn't acknowledged in this quote.  However, I simply think that the author overlooked the awesomeness.  He's dead, so I suppose I can forgive him for this transgression.  ;0))


^^  And just for shits and giggles... this was the line at the commissary today.  Now, you may feel inclined to ask me just how many registers were actually open today... and I'd have to tell you that there were TWO.  And one was the express lane (15 items or less) and they didn't have the self-checkout open, either (personally, I can't stand the self-checkout because I never seem to be able to place anything properly in the damned bags).  Anyhow, the retirees converge at 11:00 AM - note to self. 


So far, this has been the pinnacle of my exciting week.  I'm very excited to be heading to Shreveport early on Saturday morning to help set up the track at 1:00 - and then the bout happens at 7:00 PM (of course, the doors open earlier and it's a BYOB event - $5.00/cooler - no glass bottles).  It is going to be a blast!!  I'll post a whole bunch of pics when I get home on Sunday afternoon.  

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.