Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rain. Drugging the dog. Hiding.

^^  The sky will be falling most of the day, Chicken Little.


Well, the bad weather has finally moved south.  I woke up this morning to the loud rumble of thunder (at least it wasn't the uncontrolled, loud, obnoxious neighbor's children - the bastages) and promptly messaged my friend and gym partner, L. to let her know I wasn't going to be able to make it to my workout.  Seems like laziness is in the air, because she was still in bed.  Le sigh.  I'm up, but still wish I was snuggled under the soothing blankets of Big Puff (that is what we call our big awesome bed in this house).


 ^^  View from the back deck...


^^  Looking toward the French Quarter (the big green house is actually a recording studio)...
The sky looks so angry.


And since Choggie is terrified of thunderstorms, I ended up giving her a benadryl in order to calm her down.  She's currently holed up in the master bedroom closet - sleeping.  She gets so panicked during a storm, she tries to jam herself into the smallest places (and a 100-pound dog can't fit under the coffee table - it's physically impossible).  Disclaimer:  Our vet suggested the benadryl solution for when it is thundering/lightening outside.  I'd rather give her that instead of some weird prescribed anti-anxiety medication.  It appears to work rather well for her...


^^  Hide-y holed up in our bedroom closet.


My motivation is missing.  I really need to find it.  And I'm just really sucking today.  There is one consolation... I cleaned the house pretty thoroughly on Monday.  So, I have a minimum of work to do today, and I think I'm going to fire up the crock-pot so that I don't have to worry about dinner.  :0))  I also bought the book "Game of Thrones"... so I'm eager to start it.  If it's as good as the reviews say, I'll probably end up reading it right through today.

Sometimes thundery, rainy, gloomy, overcast days are absolutely needed (and it's not just Choggie who is hiding from the world... it's me, too!!).

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot or will not leave your true identity on your comments, there is no need for you to write anything. And because of a very small group of individuals, I will read all comments before posting ANY to my blog (it is, indeed, sad that I am having to moderate comments AT ALL). Thank you for your time and feedback.